You can never get rid of your fears, you can never get rid of your pain, no matter what effort you make, until you have the guts to forgive yourself. Just forgive yourself.
Forgiveness is one of the keys to healing and recovery. All healing is based on a relationship. The fundamental relationship is to your Self and Soul. You are missing nothing. You are complete within yourself. Whatever you have asked for is given. But we learn fear (or to fear ourself). We learn that we are incomplete. We learn that we are flawed, bad, wrong, or ineffective. The fastest route to healing and to the experience of happiness is to forgive completely and limitlessly. Forgive, release, learn, love, and excel. Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn’t know before you learned it.
What is there to forgive and release? The hundreds of inner tapes, patterns, and feelings that had you live as if you are limited and inadequate. Regardless of the source of those patterns, they must be forgiven and released from the very neurons of the two hemispheres of the brain. Some of the most powerful and harmful feelings get distributed in the brain in such a way that we can talk about it forever without piercing the bodily sense of the emotion that forms its roots. Once we can connect to that area of the body and brain, it can be experienced and re-integrated with the rest of your body and mind. That wholeness is both the process and the result of healing.
There are Five Things in Life to Forgive
1. The first thing is please forgive God that He separated you from Himself and created you as a creature. You do not know who you are, and if by chance you do, then relax and enjoy it and be in Cherdi Kala.1 Be in ecstasy. Thank God you are, you are!
2. Forgive your destiny that it is as it is. You never wrote it, you earned it and you forgot about it. But that’s the way it is. Your destiny is your destiny, and there’s nothing you can do about it. Simply you can reach it or not reach it. There’s nothing more to do and nothing less to do.
3. Forgive the environments which are always challenging, and the cause and effect which are happening. In the middle of this crossfire and “breath-fire” and “cover-fire,” a soldier has to move. It isn’t the life that matters; it’s the courage that you bring to it.
4. Forgive your capacity, your ability, and your duality. Please forgive them—they are limited. Job of the Infinite is the Infinite’s job. Just keep doing it and He’ll come through.
5. Forgive yourself that you have to go through it. That’s most important. You are very cruel to your selves. You are very cruel to your being. You are very cruel to your grace. You are very cruel to your tolerance. You are very cruel to your security. You are extremely cruel to your self-trust, self-esteem, self respect. You are cruel to your body; you are cruel to your mind. You are cruel to your soul. Why? Be at peace. All is waiting to come to you.
You are the highest of the incarnations. You are the crown of God’s kingdom. Just wear the crown and keep your neck straight. Walk straight, walk tall. That’s all it is. No left, no right. If you cannot keep your own crown on your head, you will live like a clown in your head. You decide it. I don’t have to decide it for you.
If you can practice these five things to forgive, you will find the Age of Aquarius extremely friendly. If you don’t—my prayer is you should, so you may not suffer. My prayer is that Ang Sang Wahe Guru,2 the thirty trillion Gods living in you and dancing in you, may protect you, and that your radiant body may keep your radiance. God calls on you. Answer the call. God has made you, so be it. Today is one time that you can give yourself time and space to win the race in which you have to walk—the distance between you and your destiny.”
Close your eyes and just have no thought. Entertain no thought. Stay in a thoughtless state. I repeat, you are in a habit to hypnotize yourself. So please hypnotize yourself in a thoughtless state, ‘I am, I am not’ at the same time. Construct a vacuum to allow success, genuine happiness and Infinity to enter.
If you want any accomplishment in your life, go into thoughtlessness, so that you can be you. There is no other way. Right now, denounce the thought.
Become thoughtless. No thought.
“I forgive my thoughts. I forgive the universe. I forgive my friends.”
The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan